Places to eat and drink/visit near Greenstone Lodge B&B...
Eat & Drink
We are lucky enough to have some great choices close by if you’re not dining with us, The Bridge of Orchy hotel is just next door to us, check their website for vegan options, we would advise you to book a table with them prior to your visit as it can get busy. Other options are The Artisan cafe or The Real Food cafe a few miles away in Tyndrum. There are also lots of lovely small cafes around the local beauty spots and towns and villages.
For those wanting to explore a bit further away by car, bus or train we have Glasgow within easy reach, consistently voted as one of Europe’s top vegan destinations where you can find everything from world-class cuisine to delicious dirty burgers.
See & Do
-Climb a Munro – Beinn Dorain
-Walk the West Highland way, to Loch Tulla or to Glen Orchy falls
-Visit Scotland’s oldest ski centre at Glencoe mountain resort, only 12 miles away. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty on Rannoch moor you can ski and sledge in the winter and go mountain biking or tubing in the summer
-Explore Loch Awe. A beautiful spot for a wild dip in this stunning fresh water loch, or use it as a base to visit St Conans Kirk,Kilchurn castle and the Cruachan Dam
-Go paddleboarding at Ballachulish
– Visit the Caledonian forest 5 miles away near Tyndrum. Formed at the end of the last ice age and once a vast woodland that covered most of Scotland, its remains can be seen here and house a unique eco system of rare flora and fauna
– Take a train to the Northern Highlands or connect up with the world famous ‘Harry Potter’ steam train
– Be at Loch Lomond in under 20 miles
– Visit Oban or take a ferry to an island only 40 miles away
– Climb Ben Nevis, or visit Fort William at its foot in under 40 miles
– Take a trip to the beautiful Trossachs national park, taking in the popular tourist town of Callendar, and then on, to the vibrant student city of Stirling with its wealth of history.
– Glasgow and everything it has to offer can be reached in under 70 miles, and Edinburgh in 90.